29 October 2011

Spaghetti Oven Bake

This evening for dinner I made a spaghetti bake. I don't know if you are like me, but I personally hate watery, soupy spaghetti. I figured a good solution to this would be to bake it in the oven.

I made a 16oz package of spaghetti pasta then after them cooking and getting strained I added a 23.5oz jar of Prego spaghetti sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes. I also added to the pot some salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and onion to taste.

I decided to make a 16oz package of ground turkey since that is what I had in the freezer instead of beef. I browned and fully cooked the turkey.

You need a 13x9x2 pan for this and be sure to spray it with Pam or some non-stick spray.

Pour 1/2 of the pasta/sauce mixture into the pan. Add the meat and cover generously with mozzarella, parmesan, or any other cheese you like.

Cover with the remaining pasta/ sauce mixture and again sprinkle generously with cheese.

Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes covered with tinfoil. Don't worry about preheating, I rarely do.
After 40 minutes uncover and let bake for an additional 20 minutes.

I wanted to add something else to the top so it didn't get too dried out. I had "crown" tater tots leftovers in the fridge and decided to add those to the top. Don't worry about re-heating first as they will do that in the oven.

Take out and enjoy. My family sure did!

-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment