11 November 2011

A Painful Reminder

I had several things that I had hoped to accomplish today but I ended up being in a lot of pain.  I have fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed as having it in my teens, which is around the same time that my mother started having the same issues but she was not diagnosed until later in life.

If you want to know what it is like, the closest I can describe is a similar aching pain that you would have with arthritis. The pain is sometimes so bad that the portion of you body that is affected is horribly painful to the touch and the pain is all in the muscle.

I am used to having the pain in my right arm, my neck, and legs but today my left arm was affected.  Before you get worried about a heart attack, my heart and chest had absolutely no pain, unusual heartbeat, or sweating that typically accompanies a heart attack. This pain was in my upper arm (and still is) in the muscle tissue and it did spread to my forearm as well but my forearm is not as painful.

I personally have a high pain threshold but the pain I had today and this evening left me with not wanting to do much. I normally get pain in my right arm and not a left so that was a huge surprise and painful shock.

Sadly a bout with fibromyalgia can be aggravated by changing weather, especially if it is going to rain or snow. Well, our weather suddenly just got colder and we are due for a lot of rain this weekend- which may end up being snow if the temperature drops too much.

I am hoping that I will feel better tomorrow since I have so much that I would like to accomplish still this weekend.

Well off to relax and watch Supernatural, Fringe, and Grimm that are waiting for me on my DVR.

-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment