14 November 2011

Traveling Scarves and Work

Quite a bit ago (like last year) I joined a traveling scarf knitting thing(?) through Ravelry. Today I just received two scarves to knit on. I am anxiously waiting on my scarf to get shipped back to this side of the pond- it has been residing in the UK for the past 6 months. Once it is back in the states I think it only has two or three more stops and then it will be back to me. I just really cannot wait to see it.

In other news, typical frustration with work. I enjoy my job in the aspect that I understand the processes and proceedures and have no problem asking and answering questions... but I don't think that it is right to only judge someone by how much you are actually talking on the phone. That is what my job is doing. I do plenty of student outreach and attempts, but you don't always get someone answering the phone. It is really just aggrivating because it is the fact that I am not someone to keep a student on their phone and ask asinine questions like, "how are your kids or how is your (type of animal)" because quite frankly I don't care. I don't see what talking about someone's animal or child or divorce is helping further the student academically. You can take me that speaks with and attempts contact to 40-60 students in a day while talking on the phone for 3 hours versus another advisor that speaks with 25 students during the day for a total of 4 hours (about everything in their life). I don't see how being an unliscensed counselor is helping students with their classes over answering pertanent questions that the student has about their class, policy, and proceedures. I guess that is why I am on the verge of losing my job at this company. I just quite frankly do not agree with where they place the importance of only judging us on our job by our talk time.

Okay off of my soap box.

Time to watch some House.

-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment